Sunday, December 19, 2010

Managombu (Mullu Murukku)


I made this for Diwali but it has taken couple of months for me to post it. I am hardly trying new recipes these days. I just want to keep my feet up and sit cozily in the sofa and watch TV. I even hate to enter the kitchen since I do not want to put my leg on the cold tiles. I want to eat hot bajji, bonda stuff but I do not like the smell of oil lingering inside the house. In winter the smell of the oil  (or for that matter any food that I make) gets trapped inside the house..I can barely open my patio door for few minutes....instantly my whole house gets cold. Whatever I am making occasionally these...will definetly post them...I want to make some cookies but my little one is sick hence will make them after he gets better.

I also made condensed milk burfi for Diwali. I have already posted it in my blog.

Items

1 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Besan Flour (some people use moong dhal flour)
2 TBSPN Butter ( at room temperature)
1/4 Tsp Hing (perunkayam)
Salt to taste
3/4th Tsp Red Chilly Powder
Water
Murukku Press (you will need the star shaped disc)
Oil for frying

Sift the flour. Add the salt, butter, red chilly powder and hing. Make a dough by adding very little water from time to time. The dough should be the same as the one we make for puri.

Heat the oil. Grease the murukku press (and you will need the star shaped disc) by spreading oil. Place a dough about the size of a lemon inside the murukku press. Make the managombu by squeeszing the achu (press) over the oil. Take it out when the noise of the oil stops. Yummy managombu is ready to be served. I don't know the reason but whenever my perima makes this she adds cardamom powder with the dough..if anyone wants to try it with a little twist by adding cardamom powder....go ahead....

2 comments:

  1. yummy...I was thinking of making this one for a long time now....the recipe looks great..I shall try it out soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bhargavi...try it and let me know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails