Thursday, January 28, 2010

Condensed milk burfi

This is one of the burfi which I love to eat. I am not a sweet lover but love this burfi. When I was a kid I never waited till it was made into burfis...I would just scoop the boiling chocolate mixture in a cup and eat it. Back home we were never allowed to touch until the sweet was made and offered to God ( I started following the same now!!).

Whenever my aunt used to make this sweet....she would just make it into a ball and just roll it on the kitchen counter top and cut into squares!! I am not that adept at making this...make it the traditional way -"pouring the contents in to the greased plate and then cut it after it sets".

This cocoa burfi when made with roasted nuts.....even the people who do not like sweets will start loving it!! Even as I write my mouth is watering..I make this sweet very often. My husband loves it and my two year old who is not that fond of sweets loves it too.

This was one of the sweet I made for Diwali.



Items needed:

Condensed milk - 1 tin
Sugar - 1/2 tin
Cocoa - 2 to 3 tsp (as per your taste)
Water - 1/2 tin
Butter - 100 gms ( 1 slab)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp (optional)
Chopped nuts - almonds, cashew and raisins
Ghee for frying the nuts

Method -

Take a tsp of ghee and roasts the nuts and keep it aside. Always grease a plate before starting on the burfi.

In a heavy bottom pan mix condensed milk, sugar, water and bring to a boil. Add cocoa powder and keep stirring.

When it starts dividing add the butter. Keep it on stove till it starts leaving the sides of the vessel. Add the roasted nuts and mix well.

Pour it on to a greased plate. Make pieces after it gets cooled.

The yummy cocoa burfi is ready to be served....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails