Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ricotta Cheese Milk Sweet

I wanted to make something different for my son's second birthday. But at that time I was working and work load was heavy hence was contemplating on what to make without messing up with whatever I was trying - "if it happens to be a maiden venture". I was talking and my friend mentioned about the sweet and passed on the recipe to me. She mentioned that she had made it for Sri Jayanthi and that too it could be made in microwave..!! It sounded simple and easy. I have tried milk sweets in microwave using condensed milk...the idea of trying milk sweet with ricotta cheese sounded novel....hence I ventured out...but not on microwave but our "Stove TOP" (this can be made in microwave too,,,but you need to stir it up every few minutes inbetween and repeat the process till you get this consistency of pouring it onto a greased plate).



Ingredients:

Ricotta cheese ( 15 oz) – measures 1 1/4 cups
Dry milk powder – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – 1 block

Grease a plate before you start making this sweet.

Take a heavy bottom pan or nonstick pan. Heat milk for some time when it starts boiling add the dry milk powder (make sure it does not form lumps),sugar and ricotta cheese. Blend well. When it is starting to getting thicker add the butter slowly. Stir it till it comes to the consistency of turning to the greased plate and comes like a ball when you turn it.

Take it off the stove and pour it on a greased plate. Make pieces after it cools for sometime.

(Note: You may add cocoa powder it inorder to make chocolate burfi. This should be added along with the dry milk powder)

It takes less than half an hour to make this milk sweet...enjoy!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails