Monday, February 14, 2011

Chocolate Coated Strawberries for Valentines Day!


I am not able to believe it is already a year since I wrote an article (with a recipe) for Valentines day! I had not thought of preparing anything for today ..I wanted to bake something  not specifically for Valentines day but since I stumbled across a recipe for brownies. ..could not try it since my oven is still out of order... my son saw an advt. on TV about chocolate coated strawberries and had been asking for it! Sweet right! It was an advt. by berries.com I think since then he has been asking me to make it for him. So I told him that we will do it  but I was out of whipping cream last week. So during my shopping got the whipping cream....I have never tried this not just making but also eating chocolate coated strawberries...

Normally we go out for dinner or lunch on Valentines day but this year I am not interested since I am bored of eating at the same old restaurants all the time...so I have decide to make roti and dhal instead! Since I kept my dinner very simple ....I went ahead in making the chocolate strawberries....I have kept extra strawberries and chocolate dip for my little one to make some all by himself ...... I have never made a simpler desert....and such an apt desert for celebrating Valentines day with your loved ones!


Ingredients:

6 Squares Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate (you may use semi-sweet chips of the same brand too)
2 TBSPN Whipped Cream
Few Tsp's Finely Chopped Walnuts
16 Strawberries
Parchment or Wax Paper

Finely chop the walnuts and microwave it for couple of minutes.
Wash the strawberries and dry it well using a kitchen towel.
Melt the chocolate squares for 30 seconds and mix it well. If it has not melted well keep it for another 20 minutes. Add the whipped cream to the melted chocolate and mix well.
Dip the strawberries in the chocoalte and then coat it with the nuts.
You may also decorate it with frosting, powdered sugar or just leave it by dipping it in strawberries... I am leaving it to your imagination........Take a plate and line it with parchment paper or wax paper. Place the coated strawberries on the wax paper. Leave it for a while it gets dried well and comes off without sticking.
Happy Valentines day guys....Have a nice day!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sandy...try it after your exams...pretty easy to make...probably you can make it for your first wedding anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails