Sunday, February 28, 2010

Butter Biscuits in time for Valentine's day

I wanted to make something delicious for the Valentine's day and surpise my husband...as someone rightly said to win a man's heart is through his stomach :)...you may find cart of loads of stuff to buy for him...and but nothing will beat what you prepare on your own and gift him.

I have the note book with tried tested recipes for cakes, biscuits and more...I cherish this note book which is hand written by my perima with her tips and hints for baking....I will share a photo of this book in the coming days. Not even a single day passes by without flipping through the pages of it. I will browse it but ultimately not try anything from it...the sheer fear of messing the recipes up. Today I got the courage to try it and I made the biscuit that was mentioned in the very first page..

Thanks to my perima for sharing this wonderful book with me.


Ingredients:
All purpose Flour - 2 cups
Baking Powder - a pinch
Salt - a pinch
Butter - 1 stick
Vanilla essense - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 6 Tbsp
Sprinkles or any other topping as desired

Sieve the maida along with baking powder and add the salt.
Take the butter at room temperature and nicely blend it with the flour.
Add the sugar and vanilla essense and mix it well.
Make it into a smooth dough by lightly sprinkling the milk (you will get the dough the way you do it for badushah).
Roll the dough in the form of chappati (1/8th inch).
Cut it with the shape of your choice.
Since I did not have the cookie cutter. I shaped them with the knife. Decorated with edible sprinkles.

(Note: you may decorate it the way you want with icings, nuts etc).

Preheat the oven for 350 degrees.
Grease the baking tray and line up the biscuits.
Let it stand for 10 minutes. Brush the biscuits with milk.
Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes. The aroma of the biscuits from the vanilla and the butter ..smells sweet. Bake it and enjoy it for the aroma and the taste....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails