Saturday, April 10, 2010

Papdi Chaat



I had this for the first time at a restaurant called Kalga Kafe. It was our favourite Indian Restaurant. We use to frequent this atleast once a week....All the items were made from scratch...He had very few items to choose from but each had a touch of its own....Simple recipes with elegant home made touch. I heard that this restaurant has been closed down!! Hope it comes up again in near future!!

Since then I have been looking for this appetizer in all the Indian Restaurants I visited but never found this on their menu..... :(....
Hence, after so many years I ventured to make this at home. When I went to the Indian stores last week for weekly grocery shopping found Papdi hence bought it. It brought me back the fond memories of our visits to "Kalga". I got the Papdi without thinking twice. I tried to recreate it and was an instant hit!! I loved the papdi chaat...........hence wanted to post the recipe. I will be making it more often!! Probably the next time I will try to make my own papdi too.......

Ingredients:

4 Handsfull Papdi Store bought (serving for 2)
1 medium sized Boiled Potato
1 Boiled Cup Chick Peas
1/2 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
Tamarind Chutney
Green Chutney
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Beaten Curd
Sev for garnishing
Chopped Cilantro for garnishing

Cook the Potato as a whole and make small bits of them.
Combine the potatoes and the boiled chick peas.
Add Salt and Red Chilly powder and mix it well.
Arrange the Papdi on a plate.
Spread the potato - chick pea mixture.
Spread the Cilantro Chutney over them.
Add the Curd. Spread the Tamarind chutney. Top again with little bit of curd and some spread of Cilantro Chutney.
Garnish it with sev and chopped cilantro.
Enjoy the papdi chaat.

(Click here for viewing the recipe for Tamarind and Cilantro Chutneys)

3 comments:

  1. very good photo!!!!!!!!!! very tempting.

    GREAT that the chaat tasted good.......i will try it at home too one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hema i tried this chaat recipe...very tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Gowri and also thanks for posting your valuable comments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails