Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fettuccine Pasta in Peanut Sauce



The inspiration to make the recipe was from our visit to noodles and company a month ago!! My husband had ordered Pasta with Indonesian style peanut sauce...I am not a great fan of all these spaghetti kind of noodles and hence went for my favorite penne pasta. But I tasted what he had and you know it tasted like our gun powder ...I guess that was from the sesame and red chilly powder in it. I wanted to try it at home some time. I make Pasta varities since it turns out easier to pack it for his lunch.

I made this with the things I had at home. It may miss one or more of items than what may go into it...but still tasted good. I have heard the cayenne pepper is normally used in Thai cooking but I did not have it with me hence substituted that with red chillies (paprika)....

Ingredients ( serves around 6):

1/2 Pack Fettuccine Pasta
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Pack Organic Tofu
Few Tsp Olive Oil

For the Sauce:

Unsalted Roasted Peanuts Handfull (with no skin)
1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
3 Red Chillies
2 TBSPN Butter at room temperature (you may skip it...I always love to mix cheese or butter to my pasta)
1 Tbspn Lemon juice
1 Inch Piece Ginger
Salt to taste

Dry roast the sesame seeds and red chillies separately.
If the peanuts you are using is not a roasted one then you may roast it in the microwave before grinding it.
Grind together Peanuts, Sesame seeds, Red Chillies and Ginger.
Add the butter and salt to the Peanut sauce.

Marinate the tofu in olive oil for an hour.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 Deg F.
Bake the Tofu till it starts getting golden say about 45 minutes to an hour.

Cook the Pasta as mentioned in the package (make sure to add salt....I keep forgetting to add it)
Take Olive Oil in a pan
Add the veggies but do not make it too soggy. Take it out of the pan.
Take some sesame oil.
Add the pasta and the peanut sauce. Cook it for 5 to 10 minutes. Since all the ingredients used have been roasted before making the sauce you need not cook it for a long time with pasta.
Add more salt if needed.
I learnt one thing about adding veggies to pasta. If you are adding the veggies while making the pasta and serving it later...they kind of get soggy especially when using sauces like marinara, alfredo etc. Hence,  add the vegetables and tofu just before serving by way of topping it. It stays fresh, crisp and tastes better.

Take Pasta in the plate and the veggies and tofu. ...drizzle few drops of sesame oil....heat it and serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails