Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Radish Roti



I was so bored of eating aloo paratha/methi paratha…the usual stuff. Then I remembered I had some radish left over after making sambhar (radish) the previous day…who does not love mullagi (radish). I love any dish made with this vegetable because of the unique flavor from it. My cousin makes a kootu with radish and white pumpkin…must learn to make it from her and put it in myblog. This was my maiden attempt but it came soft and I was happy about it. Coming to the recipe for making this...

Radish – about 6 inches long
Green chillies – 2 small
Jeera
MTR Potato Sag Powder
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Salt as per your taste

Grate the Radish. Take a tsp of oil and add zeera to it and let it splutter. Add the green chillies and radish and sauté for few minutes. Finally add the potato sag powder and turn off the gas (you may add it if you have this powder...I like the flavor of this while making aloo paratha hence added it to this too!!). Add this to the wheat flour and make the dough by adding salt. Keep it aside for an hour.
Make balls and roll out the rotis and cook it in the tava. These rotis come out very soft. These can be had “as is” with curd too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails