Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dinner in a Jiffy with Tacos




I am not a great fan of Mexican food especially when it comes to going to a Mexican Restaurant...I am always scared to trying food at these places since I am not sure whether the food served  is pure vegetarian but I do not mind having Tacos at home...I like them in shells as well as in the bowls. When you do it in the bowl it helps you fill it up with lot more items than on the shells!! But I had only shells with me...when I get occasionally bored with cooking..you might think this female rights blogs and how on earth can she say that she gets bored with cooking ....I will phrase it this way -"it is not the cooking that makes it boring but cutting veggies, rolling rotis and the washing dishes that comes later is the one that keeps me away on some days to turn towards easier alternatives like tacos, pasta" etc!!

This was one such days and I had all the ingredients that I generally add for making Tacos...
We were buying the refried beans but since it is simply fattening and we do not get the veggie cans of it often...I started making beans on my own.

Ingredients :

Taco Shells or Bowls
1 Cup Rajma
2 Tbspn Onion cut into small pieces
1Tbspn Sour Cream
1 Tbspn Guacamole (you may buy store bought or make it from the scratch by peeling the skin off avacado. Take the pulp out and beat it well with little bit of salt and lime juice)
1 Tsp Oil
1/2 Tsp Zeera
Cut Green chillies
Salt as per taste
Few Jalapeno as per taste
Salsa as per tasta
Shredded Mexican Style Cheese (optional)
Cilantro

Soak the Rajma for few hours and presurre cook it (when pressed it should mash well). Heat the oil and add zeera and green chillies. Add the boiled Rajma (kidney beans) and cook it well. Add salt and keep it aside.

Prepare the tacos as mentioned in the package.

Now, it is ready to be filled and served. Fill the tacos with rajma and then add cut onions, salsa, sour cream, guacomole, jalapenos, cheese, cut onions and finally top it with cheese and cilantro.

If you happen to use taco bowl then you may add salad first and then add the rest of the ingredients. You may do any variations to it...it will still taste good.

My son loves this since it is like chips...he likes are karuku murukku items and we recently found out that he likes tacos too!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear hems

    Ur blog looks tasty , aromatic , colourful and interesting , just like urself


    Bye for now ,
    Gayathri (a) Lavanya.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails