Monday, January 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie

Happy New Year 2011 to all my blog readers. Wishes for a wonderful year ahead.

We enjoyed New Year's eve at our friend's house. We had a potluck and this time we choose food anything other than Indian for the menu. My friends were bored with our usual roti, sabzi and pulao stuff. So it was Gobi Manchurian, Sweet Corn Soup, Schezwan Fried Rice, Thai Noodles and a Cake. Thai noodles was the one given to me for the pot luck. I know the kids love the cookies, burfis and the cake I make. Hence, I decided to bake cookies for them. I haven't baked anything for a long time...for the sheer fear of gaining weight...but I thought New Year was a good time to make these. I cannot do anything with my little one in my mind. He eats (tastes) everything that I make on day 1 after that he barely eats it. Hence, I decided to make it for the New year...since I knew it will be emptied in a jiffy and that way H and myself can also enjoy couple of them but need not be ones emptying it!

All of us had a great time...including the kids! The kids stayed awake ...even my friend's ONE year old stayed awake till the stroke mid-night. Even they refused to sleep and so as not to miss the celebration and fun in welcoming 2011. It was a memorable New year party....


So now with the recipe for the cookie -

1 1/2 Cup Maida (all purpose flour)
4 TBSPN UnSalted Butter at Room Temperature
3/4th Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 th Cup Milk Chocolate Chips (used Hersheys)
1/4th Cup Chopped Macadamia Nut
2 TBSPN Milk

Using an electric hand mixer combine - sugar, butter and vanilla extract till it gets well blended and fluffy. Sift the flour and add the baking soda to it. Slowly add the flour to the mixture. Add the milk and mix well.
Add the chocolate chip and the nuts. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
Using a small ice cream scoop drop the mixture on to the cookie sheet leaving atleast 2 inches space between the cookies. Bake it for 10 - 15 minutes. Do not keep it for a long time. At the end of 10 - 15 minutes you might feel it is not done but it gets firmer once it cools down. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails