Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vazhakai Vadakkal (Raw Banana Dry Veggie)


Hello my dear friends...I have not been actively writing for the past few weeks...now I am back. I may not be able to post very frequently but planning to start slowly atleast couple of postings a month. I had this at my friends place couple of years ago and it was yummy. I have been contemplating on making this since then but whenever I made vazhakai at home I was forgetting to soak black channa and hence I never got a chance to try it. My mom is with me and this time I gave her the recipe and asked her to make it. It came out really well. I havent yet called to thank my friend for this recipe...

Now let us get to the method of making this one..you must try this one. It is different than the raw banana fry or veggie made with raw banana and tamarind pulp (vazhakai pulivitta karamadu).

Do remember to try this one next time when you have raw banana at home.

Ingredients:

2 Raw Banana
1/2 Cup Black Channa (soaked overnight)
1 Tsp Jeera
3 TBSPN Coconut
4 Red Chillies (or as per your spice level)
Oil
Channa dhal, Urad dhal, Mustard and Curry leaves for tempering
Salt to taste

Dice the raw banana (small cubes). Boil the black channa.
Take a TSP oil in a pan. Fry the jeera, red chillies and turn off the stove after adding coconut ( at the end ). You do not have to fry the coconut. Grind it after it cools down.
Take a TBSPN of oil in a pan. When the oil gets heated add the items listed for tempering.
Add the cut vegetable and boiled channa. Saute it. Add Salt.
Now add the grounded mixture to the veggie and mix it well.
The veggie is ready to be served as a side for rice and sambhar or rasam. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails