Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice


I came across this recipe in yahoo news (which was not a vegetarian version) ...these days we hear about saving money (recession time) and things about cooking at home (I guess we do it all the time)...and this recipe was listed among ten easy doable weekday dinner recipes at home. I am always skeptical about dining in Chinese, Thai restaurants since am not too sure about the food that is served (the big question whether what we are consuming is truly vegetarian keeps popping in my mind....hence I do not venture to any of these restaurants). I kind of feel safer eating at Italian, American and ofcourse Indian restaurants.

H likes to try out different cuisines though!! Since he is fan of chinese food too....I noted this recipe and made simple modifications to modify it my way. This is my first attempt in making chinese food....the fried rice came out well and I ate it too...it was not that bad after all......but this time it was not that spicy will try to make it spicier next time..

Ingredients:

1 Cup Basmati Rice
1/2 Cup Orange Juice (this helps in keeping the rice moist)
1/2 Cup Stir Fry Sauce (you may use Soy Sauce too)
1 Tsp Grated Ginger
3 Red Chillies (you may add more if you like it spicier)
Vegetables - Onion, Carrots, Cauliflower,Capsicum, Broccoli (you may also add baby corn) cut lengthwise
Salt
Turmeric
Olive Oil
Water

Soak the rice in enough water for half an hour or so. I cook the rice in microwave...you may do the way you want.
Mix orange juice, stir fry sauce, red chillies by breaking it into pieces, grated ginger and salt.
Take oil in a pan and add turmeric and the veggies and cook it (First fry onion and capsicum)...add carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and add little bit of salt. Take them out of the pan and keep it aside.
Now add the mixture that has been prepared earlier and cook it till the mixture starts boiling.
Add the veggies and the rice. Mix it well....the yummy fried rice is ready to be served!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails