Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chepankiyangu (Colocasia/Arvi) Roast

This is one of my fav's ....I never buy this veggie since H is not a big fan of it and I am also lazy to cook this just for me....but bought this veggie this time during my trip to the grocery store ...thought will make my son try it..he is a big fan of fried items...I guess all kids are. Since H was not a big fan of it although I was tempted to eat this during my pregnancy never ate it and had it just a week before my delivery after my mom landed...ate to heart full though I was told by all my friends to eat light meals when I get closer to the due date!! So after three long years I made this veggie again. We even make this veggie combining tamarind paste with it...I like that one too.....will try making it in another couple of weeks....after giving it a break...so that H will also give it a try! My son liked it and I gave him couple of pieces.


This is simple to make and yummy to eat! I am sure all kids will love it....

Ingredients:

6 Medium Sized Chepankiyangu
Oil for frying
1/2 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Salt

Pressure cook the veggie with the skin up to 3 whistles. After the pressure is released. Peel the skin off the veggie and slice them into medium sized pieces (it should not be too thin) and spread the turmeric well over it.
In a bowl mix salt and red chilly powder.
Heat oil in a pan and fry these pieces. Take them after they turn slightly reddish brown and place it on a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil. Later turn it on to bowl containing the spices and mix them well.
The yummy chepankiyangu roast is ready to be served.....once in a while it is OK to indulge (and savour) in yummy dishes like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails