Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Carrot Lentil Soup


I have been thinking of making the carrot lentil soup for a long time....but never got the oppurtunity to try it out...today I got the time to do it. I have severe cold and nothing I eat tastes good to me. I was looking forward to the hot soup to go with my ciabatta bread. I feel soups are the easiest thing to make and keeps you filling for a long time and healthy too. when we were in the UK I used to have it. They were readily available in the super markets like Morrisons and Sainsburry...but it came with a big tag...it was pretty costly. Today when I had it ....it tasted the same way...I did not expect it to be this good..happy it turned out well!!

I always like to write my posts immediately after making it. Today after a long long time I am getting time to do that. It feels good to post the recipe as soon as you make it.... I neither have a big network of people looking at my blog now and then nor do I make elaborate recipes ....but I have a small group of friends and relatives who turn to my blog now and then. I do not want to let them down. Thanks to those who take time to read my blog and try out recipes. I am glad you like them. So it feels good to post the recipe then and there...fresh in your mind and with the same warmth as the way you cook and serve!

Ingredients: (Serves 4)

4 Medium Sized Carrots
1/2 of the big Sweet Potato
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1/2 Tsp Fennel Powder
1/2 Cup Cooked Masoor/moong dhal
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
Olive oil
1 Bay Leaf

Pre-heat oven upto 400 degrees. Chop the Carrots and Sweet Potato into big pieces.
Place it in a baking tray. Spinkle salt, pepper powder, fennel powder and oil for 30 minutes (till the veggies or tender).
After it is cooked well and it cools down. Puree it in the food processor/mixie.
Take oil in a pan and add the bay leaf and the onions.
Add the puree and add the mashed dhal.
Add more salt and pepper powder.
Boil it for some more time.
Garnish it with cilantro....and serve it as is or any bread of your liking!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails