Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pudina (mint) Thokku

I had called my manni a month ago (she is in Chennai)...I always keep in touch with all my relatives....I give them a call atleast once in every few months and when I had called her she was busy preparing dinner. She informed that it had been raining heavily and she was preparing satruamudhu (rasam), pudina thokku and a kootu. The minute she mentioned about this pudina thokku (mint chutney) my mouth started watering...you know I felt like having it too on the spot. I found out the recipe from her for making this and since then I have made it couple of times! This time I took pictures of it and wanted to post it in my blog!



Ingredients:

Mint a big bunch
3 Red Chillies
Small Marble Size Tamarind
Hing
Seame Oil
1 Tsp Mustard
Salt to taste

Take the leaves of the mint and wash it well. Grind it together with red chillies, tamarind and perunkayam (hing).  Heat the oil in the pan and add the grinded mixture. Add salt. This goes well with rice as well as dosa/idly/upma! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails