Saturday, September 18, 2010

With Love from my Grandma - Pecan Pie!

This is my Grand Ma is US ..she is our neighbour. She is a very lovely lady and a affectionately called as Grandma bear by all the kids in the block (not just kids....it includes me too :) ...). My son loves her and not a day passes by without paying a visit to her! My son talks about her even in his pretend and play...and when we went to the trip to California...all he said was let us go back to Grandma's house....

I was talking to her one day about making pecan pies and mentioned that whatever I see on the internet uses eggs and hence I am not able to make them at home....I knew that she was good at it and wanted to learn the recipe...and  then later that week I got busy with prep work for my son's birthday party....I had called Grand Ma and Grand Pa for my son's birthday party...and they were more than happy to be invited for that!! Grand ma had got a bunch of Hot Wheels vehicles for him ...he loves playing with them...but guess what she baked for me....the pecan pie wrapped with warmth and love....it was truly a big (pleasant) surprise....and it was heavenly! I have never had a home made pecan pie before and it was delicioso ....YUMMY..I have ran out of words to express it!! We are still enjoying it..I do not want to leave even a morsel of it and planning to empty it all...Even my son enjoyed it when I told Grand Ma made it for him....She has given me the recipe for it and I will make the eggless version of it some day....It might not be as good as what she made for me...but I will definitely give it a try.


This reminds me of my Grand Ma (my beloved Patti) back home...who used to make whatever I asked for....what are Pattis for right?? You will all agree right "Who else in this world can you turn to..other than your Grand Ma when you crave for something yummy to eat"...Thanks a lot - "Grand Ma" .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails