Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Potato Peas Masala

It is almost a month since I posted anything...after my son's birthday party I did not try any new recipe....a week long went in eating the left overs!! I had made Veg Puff, Rava Idli and Chutneys to go with it, Bisi Bele Bath, Curd Rice and Jamun...the party was a great hit....

After my son's birthday party ...it was planning for the Golu...so something or the other came up and I got busy with it.

I have been thinking of making potato peas masala for a long time and I made it last week...


Ingredients:

5 Medium Sized Potatoes
8 Medium Sized Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Peas Frozen
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 TBSPN Butter
2 Medium Size Green chilly
1 Inch piece Ginger chopped finely
1/2 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 Tsp Jeera
Salt to taste

Peel the potatoes and cut into big pieces and boil them. Take little oil in the pan and saute the tomatoes and allow it to cool and then puree it.
Melt butter in a pan and add the jeera, green chillies, ginger and finally add the onion. Saute the onion.
When the onion turns slightly brown. Add the boiled potatoes, salt, corinader powder, red chilly powder and garam masala powder and the tomatoe puree cook well.
Garnish it with cilantro and serve it with pulkas....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails