Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sri Jayanthi Bakshanam

Sri Jayanti - When someone mentions this to you... you know what they are talking about right...only Krishna Jayanti is referred that way....Everyone loves Lord Krishna and his leelaigal. My son is a big fan of Krishna Ommachi (Lord Krishna)...when I told him it is Sri Jayanti - Lord Krishna's birthday...he started saying let us sing Happy Birthday for Krishna Ommachi tomorrow....soooooooo chweet....

Vande Vrindhavana charam Vallavi Jana Vallabham
Jayanti Sambhavam Dhama Vyjayanti Vibushanam
(This verse is from Swami Desikan's Gopalavimsathi)

I have still not decided what bakshanam to prepare for Sri Jayanti....will decide first thing tomorrow morning..

Updates: This is what I prepared Perumalukku thaligai Samarpikka (Naivedyam). Will post the recipes for these soon.....


Vennai Seedai (Rice flour Balls) - Click here for the recipe


Vella Seedai (Jaggery Rice Flour Balls)


 
Rava Laddu - Click here for the recipe
 
 

Happy Krishna Janmashtami to all my blog readers....Let me know what you guys prepared for Sri Jayanti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails