Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Greek Salad



Atlong last I got all the items needed for making the greek salad this weekend. I have been planning to make this since the time I got back from California trip. We had this in CPK (if you cannot make out what this place is - it is California Pizza Kitchen) when we ordered the Mediterranean Pizza. It was too good. So I wanted to try it out as a salad. Will try to mimic this pizza too some time.

I made this yesterday for dinner and it turned out pretty good. I was happy with the result. I followed the recipe given on the feta cheese package but made some changes to suit my taste....the salad was awesome....It is a very simple salad but pretty filling and you get to eat this yummy salad (with a low calorie content).

Ingredients (Serving Portion 2)

2 Handful Lettuce chopped
1 Cucumber cut into cube size
1/2 Bell Pepper cut into small pieces
Onion few thin slices
Olives (Add it as per your taste - I am not a big fan of it)
1/2 Tbspn Olive oil
1/2 Tsp Oregano (This was the first time I tasted it....and I felt it tastes like omam/ajwain....need to dig and find out whether they are the same!!)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tbspn freshly squeezed lemon
2 Tbspn Feta Cheese

Mix all the above ingredients except feta and lemon. Add Feta and Lemon just before serving.....Enjoy the simple yet delicious salad... eat to your heart's content - without the guilt of adding those "extra" calories .....since it has all the goodness in it! I liked it so much that am making it again for tonight's dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails