Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chocolate Cups

To all the chocolate lovers - here you go.....Chocolate Cups for you!! I got inspired to make these after receiving a mail from Godiva (monthly offers) about their chocolate cups....so the journey (pondering over it) towards making the chocolate cups started there...it was just one more reason to make/try something different. We never know where the inspiration comes from.. :). If you google for the same there are 100's of recipes on the same. Immediately I bought the Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate bar (for baking needs).
I thought at least if I had this in the pantry I can make it any time. But it has been lying ever since that is because the last few times I tried something it did not come out right and I got upset so never tried something different for a while and did not want to venture making these cups too ...the sheer fear of getting it wrong. Today I was too bored and "it was come what may" I will give it a try ...I was glad I got it right...this kind of boosted my energy to try some more new stuff that I have been thinking for a while...I have not filled it with anything...but just wanted to post it....I am thinking of what to fill it with....but for now they are in my freezer. I would think of something exotic to fill each one with...am going to try different filling for these....for now lets get to the recipe for making this yummy cups!


I would say you can make these with just anything from your kitchen....I tried the small one (see photo) (the round one with the kuzhi karandi)...when I googled there were comments like it is tough....but I would say this was the easiest thing to make.....

You need one 4 OZ  Ghirardelli chocolate semi sweet bar and 2 Tablespoon Whip cream (I guess this is optional). It makes 4 cups. Microwave it for about 2 minutes.
Carefully spread this on the cups you have...I tried it by making it on the baking cups by spreading it on the inside...I choose to spread it on inside of the cup cake liner because even if the liner gets stuck...I would still be able to fill the cups and have my desert...I guess the safest bet is to spread the chocolate on the inside (you can try spreading it on the outside too)... Place them in the freezer for about an hour then remove the baking cup liner ...voila!! the  chocolate cup cake is now ready to be filled with your fav ice cream/fruits what not....have you seen anything easier than that....Enjoy!! Let your imagination run .....look around ...you can use muffin pans, stainless steel cups (are the best bet I feel), individual baking cups or just plastic cups.. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a true treat for chocolate lovers!.Yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Da....I will try it out with the filling and let you know...will try to take some photos with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're inspired my an email, this blog post inspires us.. Thanks for providing the steps.. I will probably create chocolate cups this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails