Friday, October 5, 2012

Manga Thokku (Raw Mango Pickle)

 
 
Mango thokku is one of my favorite pickle (probably next to mavadu). Mavadu is not very easy to make it here...whenever we get raw mango I end up making raw mango masiyal or instant pickle or mango rice. This time I did not want to wait for too long after getting it (its been long since I made any pickle at home too).... I know what will be the result if I waited too long...! I should not say it but it tasted too good ....the way it does back home ...try it out you will also feel the same....
 
Ingredients
 
1 Medium Sized Raw Mango (peeled and grated)

2 1/2 Tsp Salt
3 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Cup Sesame Oil
1/4 Pinch Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Hing
1 Tsp Mustard
1/2 Tsp Fenugreek Powder (dry roast and powder it)
 
Heat the oil in a pan.
Add the mustard and let it splutter.
Add the grated mango and saute it.
Now add the turmeric powder, salt and fenugreek powder.
Stir it now and then. Add the red chilly powder and cook it.
Keep it on the stove till it is nicely cooked and oil starts to leave.
Store it in a clean bottle.
I got about 3/4th of the bottle for the 2 mangoes I used (as shown in the picture).
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and yummy thokku :) . I came here through your friend Sunetha :) Happy to follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails