Monday, March 8, 2010

Spinach Pasta (Alfredo Sauce)

I love Italian food since it has lot of Vegetarian options...and watching food network especially those of Giada De Laurentiis's Everyday Italian is a routine for me now. Routine in the sense, I try to watch atleast couple of her shows every week (atleast the ones where she does vegetarian ones). I do not get that much of a TV time when my son is around since he would be watching his Fav Cailou or Little Einsteins (which features at the same time!!) or I would be busy building bridges and sky scrappers or reading his favorite book "Rattletrap Car"!!

I like the way she does innovation with pasta ...I got inspiration to do this by combining couple of her recipes and by adding my touch too in it !!... she always makes her own sauce....but I went the easy way and used store bought "alfredo sauce" my favorite which has been in my pantry  for a long long time!!

Ingredients:

Spinach - 4 cups
Alfredo Sauce - Store bought
Brocolli - 1 cup florets
Yellow Zucchini - 1 cup cut into cubes
Red Bell Pepper - 1 Cup cut into cubes
Green Bell Pepper - 1 cup cut into cubes
Asparagus - cut into 1 inch piece from 4 strands
Cherry Tomatoes - 10
Pepper - freshly crushed
Salt to taste
Parmesan Cheese
Pasta Mostaccioli (you may use penne too for this)



Cook the spinach about 3 cups in a pan without water. Allow it to cool and set aside. Grind the spinach after it cools (if you love garlic you may grind garlic with it).
Take Olive oil in a pan and add the veggies and saute them. Follow this order while cooking the veggies. First add the peppers, cherry tomatoes and the zuchini. When they are half done add the salt, brocolli and asparagus. Do not let them get soggy.
Boil water in a pan and cook the pasta with little salt. Drain it.
Toss the remaining 1 cup spinach into the veggies and turn it off.
Add the pasta to the veggie mixture.
Add the Alfredo sauce and cook for sometime.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese before serving. Enjoyed the creamyness of the spinach in every bite of pasta....creamy the way I like it!! I complimented with warm asiago cheese bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails