Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Vendakai (Ladies Finger/Okra) Pullipu Thalir



 
 
We love Vendakai/okra so much. It is a favorite veggie in our house hold. Okra we love it in all forms as a dry veggie or as bindi masala. I remember having this long long time ago ... one of my paati's signature dishes. I had completely forgotten about this until recently ....and I asked Amma for the recipe. It is my Patti's porandhathu recipe (the one handed from her mom's family). These days I post the recipe in Facebook immediately since am not finding time to write in detail here. I made this sometime back but haven't found time to post the recipe for the same.
 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 lbs. Okra
3 - 4 Green Chilies
2 Red Chilies
Small Lemon Sized Tamarind (soak it in water and take the pulp)
Sesame oil for Tadka
Curry Leaves
Salt
 
Tadka - Mustard, Urad Dhal, Channa Dhal, Fenugreek (vendayam)
 
Method:
 
1. Wash okra and dry it well. Cut Okra to bite size pieces.
2. Slit the green chilies
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add the tadka, chilies and curry leaves.
4. Add the cut okra and fry it well. See to it that it does not get sticky.
5. Once it is 3/4th cooked add the tamarind pulp and bring it to a boil.
 
This recipe does not require any other spice powder or sambhar powder. Try it and let me know.
 
Serve it with rice... yummy .......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails