Monday, March 4, 2013

Brussel Sprouts Spiced Veggie (podi pota karamadu)


This is one veggie that I tried over time to time but did not get it that well....but this time I was extremely happy with the result ..... I actually started loving it .... it is an excellent veggie and also wholesome. If I eat like 3 or 4 brussel sprouts it feels filling. I do not mind including it in my diet daily and am happy that I can buy it in a big packet from Sams!

My cousin suggested making it ennai kathirikai style ...substituting kathirikai with brussel sprouts ... have to try it out soon.

When I posted the photos of these in FB ... it was an instant hit ...lot of my friends were eager to know the recipe and they even tried it out ....so happy to know that tried it and loved it too.


Ingredients

10 Brussel Sprouts
Salt
Water
Veggie Spice Powder (click here for the recipe) or you may use your own recipe too
Tadka - Mustard, Channa Dhal, Urad Dhal and Hing

Method

Microwave the brussel sprouts with salt for 4 min. If its not cooked again keep it for few more minutes. Do not cook it very soft.
You have to be very careful after cooking them.
Make a mark like X on top of the brussel sprouts carefully. Make sure you do not make a cut all the way down. Just a small cut good enough to stuff the spice powder.
Stuff them with the spice powder.

Now take oil in a pan. Once the oil is heated. Add the mustard - let it splutter. Add the urad dhal, channa dhal and hing. Carefully add the brussel sprouts and saute it in a very low flame.
Turn them once they are cooked well on one side.
Enjoy this veggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails