Friday, October 5, 2012

Linguine with Basil Pesto (and Oven Roasted Veggies)

Whenever I hear the word Linguine ...I am reminded of Ratatouille... remember the boy who was taught to cook by the mouse...his name was Linguine...I should try out ratatouille too some day!!  I bought linguine (I mean the pasta) couple of months ago but never found time to make anything with it. I found the organic basil paste and thats what I used to make my pesto. I do not like the store bought basil pesto since it has loads of garlic...am not a garlic person and we do not get big bunches of basil at the stores and the few strands that come in a box are way to expensive. The organic basil paste is a lot cheaper option and its good quality too.  It is so easy to use it.
 
 
 





Ingredients:
 
For Pasta -
 
1/2 Pound Linguine (or angel hair pasta)

2 to 3 oz Basil paste (the tube I had was a 4 oz one)
Olive oil
Pine Nuts
Red Pepper Flakes (if you like it hot)
Parmesan Cheese grated
 
Method -
 
Make the pasta as per the instruction in the package. (This is what I did - Boil water. Add salt. Add the pasta. Cook it Al Dente. Drain it and keep it aside. Reserve atleast 1 cup of water).
 
Take a pan. Heat the oil. Add the red pepper flakes. Fry the pine nuts. Add the basil paste. Cook it for couple of minutes. Toss the pasta. Sprinkle the cheese just before serving...
 
 
For Oven Roasted Veggies
 
Cut the Veggies length-wise. I used Bell Peppers, Beans and Asparagus. You may use the veggies you like. Pre heat the oven to 400 deg F. Toss the veggies in olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Pop into the oven till they are done. It works great as a side...
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails