Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo

I am here with yet another post...its been long since I posted recipes in a row...that shows my lazyness right....But suddenly there has been a spurt of activities going on in my kitchen - "the monotony" started getting on me I guess...and hence this week am back with recipes from different cuisines..it is not just blogging but trying out new recipes is actually making me feel better ...enjoying savoring different cuisine at home every other night....I always stick to South Indian food for lunch though! Having poured my thoughts  and also happy at the turn out of this pasta...my fav is alfredo sauce and I generally use it with "penne"..       H always keeps pulling my leg that I do not bother to try out anything else but alfredo sauce even when we dine out. Today I am happy that I was able to recreate it and planning to enjoy my dinner in my sofa with focaccia bread! How much better can it get right??



Ingredients:

1/2 Packet Fettuccine Pasta
1 TBSPN Olive Oil
Veggies - shredded lengthwise - Zucchini, Bell Pepper. You may even add Asparagus, Green Beans etc
1/2 TBSPN Butter
1 Cup Milk
1 TBSPN All Purpose Flour
2 TBSPN Finely Chopped Onions (used this since I do not use garlic at home. You may substitute garlic instead of onions)
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese ( I did not use but it still turned creamy)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Water

Method:

Take water in a big vessel and bring it to a boil. Add Pasta and cook it Al Dente.  Add salt to it inorder to prevent stickiness. Drain the water and keep it aside (reserve the water..in case you are not serving it immediately it will be useful to use this water while reheating the pasta). I break the fettuccine into half before cooking (leave it to your choice). I recommend following the instructions on the package for making the pasta.

Side by side - Take a skillet or a pan and saute the veggies in olive oil. Do not let it over cook.
Add salt and pepper and turn it off. You may also transfer the veggies on to another plate and use the same pan for making the sauce.

Heat the butter. Add the chopped onions (or garlic if you use it) and saute it. Add the flour and saute it till the raw smell leaves. Add the milk and allow it to thicken. Add the cheese at this stage. Add little bit salt and ground pepper.

Add the pasta to the sauce. Mix it and add the vegetables. Voila! Fettuccine Alfredo is ready to be served.
It does not use too much of oil or butter or cheese....you can enjoy it guilt free.
I am planning to serve it with focaccia bread. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails