Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oven Roasted Potatoes

'Oven Roasted Potatoes" - just thinking about making it makes mouth watering right??!! Who on earth does not like potatoes.......right from a six month to sixty year old - it is a veggie loved by one and all! I tried it couple of years ago while we were in UK...one thing I like about the grocery shopping (especially the veggies) while in UK was the freshness and the way they were beautifully stacked....I miss it here! During that time, I was working and also had the task of taking care of my infant son so cooking was always something that I could whip quickly and easily (I could not do anything that was time consuming and cumbersome..and truly speaking I did not have that many utensils and not a big refrigerator too to make and store in large quantities) and that was the time I tried lot of new things like tacos, baked potatoes, oven roasted potatoes, baked pasta and what not! I had forgotten about this completely ...never even tried it here. This weekend I found really good organic baby potatoes and that brought back good old memories....hence made it this weekend.


This is simple yet delicious veggie to make and eat without the guilt of using lot of oil!

Ingredients:

24 Baby Potatoes
2 TBSPN Olive Oil
1/4 TSP Chilly Powder
1/4 TSP Salt

Mix the Oil, Chilly powder and Salt in a cup.
Pierce the potatoes with a fork in. This will help the spice powder get inside the potatoes. I prefer to make this with the skin but you may do it according to your taste.

Preheat the oven upto 400 Deg F.
After pricking the potatoes with the fork. Spread the Oil and Spice Mixture evenly over the potatoes.

Take a Baking tray and place these potatoes and roast them for about 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes....the smell of the potatoes getting roasted is too inviting .....take it out of the oven when it gets all crispy and golden brown! Yum!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails