Monday, February 15, 2010

Fruit Tart

Celebrating moving to the new blogspot...

I had this tart during my trip to the UK couple of years ago. My husband had the fruit tart for lunch and got one for me too from a super market called Morrisons. It was soft, moist and melting in the mouth...sheer indulgence!! It was a light desert after a heavy meal. I have been trying to decipher the ingredients for it..but was not fruitful in the attempt. At long last I found something closer to the recipe.

I had called our friends for dinner last Friday and decided to make it for them... It turned out good and I found it easy to make. I was glad our friends liked it and one of my friend's son who hardly eats anything....ate couple of them...I was too happy that he liked it!!

Now coming to the ingredients for making it.



Ready crust graham tarts - 2 pack
Vanilla Instant Pudding - 5.1 Oz ( 6 1/2 cup servings pack (I used Jell-O))
Ready whip cream - 3 to 4 TBSP
Mascarapone cheese - 1/2 tub (8 Oz)
Fruits of your choice for decoration - I choose the strawberries, Blue Berry and the mandarin oranges (since they are in season)

(Note: For Best Results - Make this on the day you are going to serve to prevent the tarts from getting soggy)

Prepare the pudding as mentioned in the packing.
Whisk the mascarapone cheese and the ready whip using the hand whipper (till they become soft and fluffy).
Cut the Strawberries into half and take the half and cut in the centre to get the shape like petals.
Wash the berries and keep it aside (it should be dry).
Peel the skin of the oranges and keep them aside.
Arrange the tart in a tray.
Carefully scoop a spoon full of the pudding and start filling the tart one by one till you are done with filling the pudding.
Next start layering it with mascarapone whip cream on every tart.
Decorate with the fruits.
I reserved the orange to be decorated before serving since I was not sure whether it might start leaving the juice from it.
Refrigerate till set or until it is served.
Decorate it with the oranges just before serving.

Super Duper easy desert is ready to be served..I am planning to try out more recipes using this ready crust tarts....will keep you all posted!!

2 comments:

  1. Hema,
    I tried the tart without mascarapone cheese. It came out to be very tasty. It is really a easy recipe. My guest at lunch liked it.
    thanks yaar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richa.. I am glad that you found it easy to make and your guests loved it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails